Leadership Coaching & Development
We offer two ways to develop leadership capacity: 1:1 or team executive / leadership coaching and the Adaptive Leadership Program, a cohort-based leadership development program
Clients value having a trusted confident to help them reflect, explore options, and learn new skills. Our agenda is driven by you, and we love celebrating with our clients as they help their companies improve execution, grow their people, and innovate.
We customize each package but here’s our approach:
Month One: Foundational
360-degree feedback data collection (online or via structured conversations) plus a Discovery Session to review responses to a detailed questionnaire, understand history, design the partnership, and then begin exercises to deepen self-awareness. Client then has fieldwork to make progress on personal values, life purpose, and leadership vision.
Month Two: Define the Stretch
Debrief 360. In subsequent sessions, map beliefs that contribute to habitual reactions and patterns noted in 360 results. The client uses these to experiment with new ways of leading and then debriefs with the coach.
Client leads a sponsorship meeting with stakeholders to align on business and role priorities relevant to the coaching investment, review client’s insights, and agree on a developmental focus and required support.
Client will engage 5-7 close colleagues who will provide (a) real-time developmental feedback and (b) social accountability.
Bi-weekly 1:1 coaching begins; client selects topic / focus.
Months Three & Four:
Experiment & Grow
Regular coaching as client runs experiments on leadership style and beliefs, plus check-ins with manager and colleagues to reflect on wins, misses, & insights.
Months Five & Six:
Assess & Reflect
Hold sponsorship meeting to reflect on growth and opportunities and align on developmental focus for next three months. If elected, continue coaching.
Everything we shut our eyes to, everything we run away from, everything we deny, serves to defeat us in the end. Life moves on, whether we act as cowards or heroes.
You can’t use an old map to explore a new world.
Wisdom isn’t knowing more. It’s knowing with more of yourself.
Our Adaptive Leadership Program (ALP)
The ALP is a cohort-based leadership and organizational development experience designed to regularly bring leaders together to work both “in the business” to achieve great results but also “on the business, culture, and themselves” growing awareness, developing skills, leading change, strengthening trust and teamwork, and developing your people, culture, and adaptability.
We start by helping the cohort clarify the most important things to be delivered, developed, or preserved at the company level, and the implications for the leadership team, functions, roles, key cross-functional capabilities, and of course the leaders themselves (a “stretch”). We do this because capacity is nested so it’s essential to develop all layers of an organization coherently.
- Data: Either via 360 Assessments, stakeholder interviews, or casual peer conversations
- Facilitated offsites/monthly team check-ins, skill training, peer coaching, & accountability
- Certified leadership coaches for 1:1 and team coaching
- A leadership development plan and a “Map of Mindset” to help leaders see their invisible drivers of habitual reactions, make them observable and testable, and develop greater conscious choice.
- Sponsorship meetings
Please contact us to see how we can help you.
“Brad was a game changer for me. He revealed a simple way to manage my business and life using values as a driver. Working with him was a positive experience and i would recommend him if you are looking for a way to re-evaluate how you manage, lead or are just living your life.”
“I cannot thank you enough for your insightful discussions and compassion during our coaching sessions. I continue to apply methods/techniques discussed and I believe they have yield positive results.”
“I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity I had to work with Brad. He has an uncanny instinct for sniffing out opportunities for insight and growth. If you’re navigating a challenge in your career, or just looking for ways to unlock new opportunities, he can help. He reshaped my relationship with work and professional growth, and made me laugh until my cheeks hurt more than once in the process.”
“AFCC has worked closely with Brad since 2015. As an external coach and certified Leadership Circle practitioner, Brad has helped support AFCC’s 360-degree feedback initiative – a key part of AFCC’s Leadership Development Program. During this time, Brad supported over 20 AFCC leaders providing 360-degree debriefs and follow-up coaching sessions to help each leader create their “One Big Thing” statements. Brad’s support and expertise with this initiative was a key part of its success. We received very good feedback from the leaders who worked with Brad. In particular, they appreciated Brad’s incredible subject matter expertise and his interpersonal style and sense of humour. I would strongly recommend Brad for any company looking for a leadership or coaching expert.”
Investing in yourself and your people with an experienced Leadership Coach allows you to do more with less emotional cost.
- A study published in The Journal of Positive Psychology indicates that working with a trained coach has a statistically significant positive effect on self-management, work attitudes, well-being, coping ability, and performance.
- Research conducted by Elizabeth Thach at Sonoma State University and published in Leadership & Organizational Development Journal found that the combination of 360 feedback and executive coaching increased leadership effectiveness by up to 60%.
- Leadership programs that combine training and coaching lead to an 88% improvement in performance, compared to just a 22% improvement from training alone.
- 72% of the organizations surveyed by Chief Learning Officer offered executive coaching as part of their talent development strategy to help improve skills, increase engagement, and retain top talent.
Check out the International Coaching Federation’s research site for the latest studies.